Monday, September 28, 2009
Wedding colors..Peach, and Emerald Green, Kristin a little late for the Temple, Shane weighed in at 135. The wrong wedding cake, I married into a great family with my husbands parents as old as my grandparents, and his oldest brother just a little younger than my parents. I became an instant aunt, with one niece older than me. We have been married today for 19 years and they get better each and every year.
We share this day with some amazing people. One of them is my brother Jonny. He turns 33 today. I remember him on our wedding day. He got a birthday cake, we sang Happy Birthday to him, but I am sure that at 14 he felt a little disappointed that it wasn't his day. It is also Shane's mothers birthday she also received a cake and a song at the same time during our wedding luncheon.
We also share the day with my great-grandparents. They were married the same day. I wish I knew how many years they would be celebrating today, but I am excited to know that they are married for eternity and that today they are are happy and together forever.
Shane is a great father and husband, he is patient and believe me he needs to be with me. I tend to speak my mind and do it often. We have been through a lot in our 19 years, but we have amazing things to show for it. I believe the best is our daughter. I am grateful to be sealed for eternity in the temple to my husband and daughter. I am so thankful for Heavenly Father's plan for his children, and for the opportunity that I have to be with my family forever.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Grandma Johnson (or Grandma J as we refer to her) turned 90 on Saturday. I would love to be able to list 90 things I love about my grandma, and believe me I could but by the time I got half way through the post most of you would be bored and never read my blog again.
So I will go with 9...
1. She is the most amazing woman I know.
2. No matter where you go with her she always runs into someone either she knows or who know her.
3. She has a very positive attitude and doesn't let things get her down, no matter what the circumstances are.
4. She adores her grandchildren and great grandchildren.
5. She has spirit and spunk and I hope I can have half as much as she does when I am her age.
6. She is the most beautiful woman I know.
7. She still does service.
8. She isn't afraid of what people think about her, and she never has been. She is always honest about who and what she stand for.
9. She has a very strong testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ and she isn't afraid to share it with others.
I can think of no better compliment than for someone to tell me that I remind them of Flora Johnson. I look to her and try to be like her. She is and always will be one of the most amazing woman I know. And she raised a strong woman, my mother who has gone on the raise strong women.
I love you grandma.....